Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Burgers at The Bank

(originally posted on December 16, 2005 at "the Minister of Booty has spoken")

I just had a burger with Gerold, did some Christmas shopping, and aired a grievance, all at the World Bank. As always, the food court was marvelous and exciting. I should have gotten something that actually exists in the world outside The World Bank world though- the "Mediterranean burger" does not. With authentic cuisine representing several European countries, Africa, most of South America and all parts of Asia, why would we opt for burgers anyway? Regardless, The Bank always pleases.

Which is why I was particularly upset to have to confront Gerold about a serious problem in our friendship. He failed to invite me to the World Bank holiday party on Wednesday night. I had to hear about it from an intern at our December birthdays breakfast this morning. Instead of drinking from the chocolate fountain, getting sweaty to INTERNATIONAL booty music, making out with hot foreign economists in Bank bathrooms, and eating delicious hors d'oeuvres upon scrumptious hors d'oeuvres ala Bank, I was sitting in a movie theater with the 3 other people who didn’t know about the party, watching DARWIN’S NIGHTMARE, contemplating the evil of The Bank. Mind you, Gerold knows that I am obsessed with The Bank and that the thing I want most in the WORLD is to attend social functions there, especially this soiree of soirees. I think our friendship will survive, but G-dawg won’t easily live this down.

To compensate for all I feel I’ve lost, I’ve posted a call on Craig’s List, looking for someone to take me to the IMF holiday party tomorrow. Gerold says it’s even MORE fabulous. I have a response already, so I’ll let you know how it goes…

No comments: